Humans have a large nerve that starts from the lower back and stretches down to the backside of each leg. The nerve is called the sciatic nerve, and if you suffer from sciatica, you will experience the following symptoms:
Sciatica generally impacts one side of the body. The pain can actually travel from the lower back to the thighs and the rest of the leg. You can also experience pain in your toes and foot as a result of sciatica. The pain can be frequent, infrequent, irritating, or severe. The condition is triggered when the roots of the lower lumbar and lumbosacral spine are irritated.
Symptoms of Sciatica
Symptoms of sciatica include the following.
- Severe pain in the rear or leg that becomes worse when sitting
- Tingling or burning throughout the leg
- Difficulty in moving the foot or leg or weakness and numbness
- Pain on one side of the rear
- Extreme pain and difficulty in standing up
Can a Chiropractor Help with Sciatica?
Chiropractors examine the spine of a person and align the spine to boost overall health and accelerate healing and recovery. The practices in chiropractic care can relieve your sufferings and lower back, and leg pain. Sciatica and chiropractic care have a strong link. Let us tell you how.
- Chiropractors make use of ice/cold therapy to mitigate inflammation and help relieve sciatic nerve pain
- Many chiropractors use MRI scan, x-rays, and ultrasound – ultrasound basically creates a gentle heat through sound waves which penetrates into the muscles and tissues. This heat is actually useful in increasing blood circulation and decreasing cramping, swelling, muscle spasms, pain, and stiffness.
- Chiropractors manipulate and adjust your spine in a way that it frees the restricted movement of the spine. Their practice helps to correct the alignment of the spine, and brings your spine back to its proper position.
All of these practices are ideal for relieving sciatic nerve pain and treating sciatica.
If you are now convinced that getting chiropractic care will relieve the pain you have from sciatica, then you can go to your nearest chiropractor now. Chiropractic care practices are ideal for relieving sciatic nerve pain and treating sciatica. Now, it’s up to you what you want to do to get rid of sciatica.
If you have any questions, we want to help!